Ouch!

I just started suffering from a broken wisdom tooth under my gum again, along with a migraine headache from yesterday, and heartburn and poison ivy on my neck, made for one hell of a night's sleep. Toward morning I was still in much pain and I remember Carrie placing her hand on my face and most of the severe pain went away and I do not feel as cranky.

I had a dream this morning I was outside the old LDS church I went as a child, and I was packing things into my car, mostly spiritual related books. I was standing on top of a stack of books talking down at people asking them to leave behind their mundane religous ways and come with me. I saw Carrie and her brother Raymond as they were in their teens and called to them. Carrie was the only one who came with me, and Raymie I just gave him the finger out of jest and he took off laughing.

Another part of the dream my father had moved back to PA, which sort of looked like the Selinsgrove area, but could have been anywhere. He was babysitting Jacob and I had come to pick him up. I was sitting in his house when his phone rang and an old lady who lived next door to him was upset and said Jacob was with a friend throwing rocks and sand all over her porch, so I had to go out and clean it up with a broom, and then the old woman yelled again saying they knocked over her bird bath in the backyard. So I picked that up and then came outside to see a woman in her 30s, long brown hair, and glasses, knocking on my dad's door, and she appeared to be his girlfriend since he was calling her cute names and being really affectionate. I said, "ok Jacob this is gross we're gonna go now."

End of Dream

The meditative thought below is very true.

Elder's Meditation of the Day - August 24
"The mind's eye changes the way we judge things."
--Fools Crow, LAKOTA
"What you see is what you get." Our head has inside it a movie projector that projects out from our foreheads and shines on a screen a picture of our true thoughts. This is our reality. We can only see what we project (our beliefs). If we believe someone is a jerk, every time we see them we reflect our beliefs about what we think about that person and that is all we can see. Even if someone tells us this person is a kind, loving, caring, intelligent individual, we wouldn't be able to see it. If we change our belief about them, that person will change and so will our judgment about that person.

My Creator, let me realize the power of choice. Let me see the advantages of changing my beliefs. Today, if I am judging my brother, let me change my beliefs to acceptance. If my thoughts are of anger, let me change them to love. Let my eyes only see you in everything and every person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repent!

THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME - Contacting Dad through Music

Hurricane Manipulation?