Birth and Death

Our cat Binky finally gave birth to kitten early Thursday morning. Carrie was up a lot during the night with her, worried and waiting. She came in during the night to tell me it was happening, and showed me a kitten had been born still, and attempts to revive it failed. I waited up awhile downhearted some, until I witnessed another one being born, which was well and alive and still appears healthy. Later that morning, Carrie found the third kitten, also dead underneath some laundry. I buried the brother and sister later that day in the hot sun.

My 3 year old daughter who had no knowledge of the exact number of kittens, told my grandmother that "Binky had a dream she had three kittens but when she woke up she had one kitten." Grandma asked Ariel how she knew this, to which she just replied "Because I live in that house!"

Carrie then later explained to little Ariel that Binky did indeed have three kittens but two of them had died and gone to kitty heaven.

We have no idea why it happened, and I looked forward to seeing kittens play together, but I am happy one is here, which even looks similar to the cat Luna that we lost, which I felt bad about. Perhaps Luna has made her return.

Todd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repent!

THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME - Contacting Dad through Music

Hurricane Manipulation?