Forgive Me

Forgive Me

I'm sorry
for all the times I could have
held you close or shared a smile
I'm sorry for all the times I should have
reached for you and stayed awhile

I'm sorry
for all the words that weren't said
when I could have said I love you so,
for keeping the little things in my head
when I should have freely let them go.

I'm sorry
for all the days I let pass by
the good ones and the bad
for all the special ones I missed
and how it made you sad

I'm sorry
for all the times you reached out
as my fingers slipped away
for all the times you held me
but deep inside I stayed

I'm sorry
for all the heartache
and unecessary tears
for all the missed affection
I took for granted through the years

I'm sorry that you're not here
to share this love I have to give
but to know you might forgive me
gives me hope again to live.

I miss you.

Todd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repent!

THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME - Contacting Dad through Music

Hurricane Manipulation?