Weight Loss Journey

I've decided I am going to start blogging my weight loss progress.  I have tried over the past few years and struggled with ups and down, some depression here and there and which caused me to gain weight very quickly within the past 5-6 years.

I would say a major contributor to it, was undiagnosed severe sleep apnea, which was not only obstructive but in my brain as well, maybe since I was a child.  A few years back I was starting to pass out and go unconscious during the day.  Around that time I lost some very loved people in my life, my uncle passed suddenly.  My dad then suddenly as well in his sleep.  I had also felt very lonely moving 3000 miles away from my friends back east to be near my kids that my ex wife brought to Washington. I made very hard choices to leave certain people behind and a lot of sacrifice.. when I realized I was not happy.. I started gaining weight, health problems, high blood pressure, tired and sick all the time.

Back in April my oldest daughter graduated high school.  We had our picture taken as a family. When the photos came back I did not recognize myself.. It was as if the man I had been just a few years ago was gone.  Something snapped in my brain.. I just thought it this keeps on going.. I might die. I want to be happy again. People need me.. I am inside and need to come back out.

Here is a picture of me close to my biggest. Around 280 pounds taken about 6 months ago when my cousin who I never met in my life came to visit who also lives in Washington state. I'm the fat guy in the cat shirt lol.  



It was hard. It was painful. I was in so much pain in my lower back, my feet, me knees, every day was a struggle. Just sleeping at night hurt and in the morning I had headaches, butt aches, and went from day to day just going to bed after work without meaning.  I started working out about 2 years ago, when my best friend was motivating me.  If you are reading this. Thank you so much for helping to motivate this journey.  I love you with all my heart and I promise I will keep going strong this time.  

So back in April I started Keto diet, which I just cut out all sugar and almost all carbs.  That alone was hard. I loved swedish fish and breaded stuff.  I then found out my insurance covered weight loss clinics and went there for more guidance.  Soon realized just how many bad calories I was eating, even though I only sometimes ate once a day.

They told me it would be hard but if I was serious to cut down to about 1200 calories a day, keep low carb, and try to eat more vegetables and healthier meats.  I was discouraged at first because it seemed slow. I went two weeks without losing a pound.  I was then put on metaformin to help remove excess glucose, and wellbutrin to hopefully change my depression and mood and stop cravings for bad stuff.

I then began walking, a little each day.  At frist a few blocks I was out of breath and in pain.  Then my foot developed plantars and that was excruicating.  Instead of giving up I got angry. I pushed, no matter how much it hurt. I kept going. I set goals. I slept through the pain.  Took pain killers or just toughed it out. Soon I was walking a mile a day.  Now I am walking about 4-5 miles a day and working out.

Don't like talking about it, but holding myself accountable. At the end of April I was the largest I had ever been, not recognizing myself, feeling sick all the time, and weighing 283.  I still have a way to go. I thought for sure I would gain weight going back home being surrounded by junk and PA dutch food, but I did my best and lost almost another 10 pounds in 3 weeks while there. 50 more to go and then I will start working on my next level. I am still a dad body but least I am seeing results.

I am now since I started down about 32 pounds, have lto more stamina. Generally over all I am feeling pretty good.  I do not feel depressed anymore.  I do get sad at times because of.. well.. one wishing my dad were here to see this. Being lonely and missing someone I care for deeply.. but I hold my head up and just keep going.

Here is me today out on a walk.  Hopefully my face starts thinning up some more. Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Hopefully I can keep at this blog and my journey may help motivate you.  Thank you to everyone who has helped inspired me.  Especially you :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repent!

THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME - Contacting Dad through Music

Visit from Fairies?