POETRY: Thank you



THANK YOU

Thank you for chasing me
and holding me down
as you tickled and kissed me
then rubbed my head on the ground

Thank you for being a friend
when no one else would
one day as we rode our bikes together
and I tried to keep up
as much as my dorky legs could

Thank you for saving my life from drowning
that day in the Middleburg pool
and for wearing that white bikini
that made an introverted boy drool

Thank you for sitting with me in back of the van
on the way home from the beach
with your head on my lap
as I peeked at your tan (and how far down it did reach)

Thank you for being my first real crush
that day I kissed you for the first time on the lips
and I laughed as you blushed

Thank you for for sitting and talking with me
that day as you showed me your art
and for allowing me to show you
another side of my heart

Thank you for finding me years later again
and for trusting in me and being a friend

Thank you for being the first girl
to ever sleep in my bed
to suprise me and skip off of work
to boink me instead ;)

Thank you for bringing such joy into my life
that day in the woods as you became my wife.

Thank you for going through hours of pain
to bring forth our kids and give them my name

Thank you for giving your heart and your soul
through all the hard times
for being my better half and making me whole

Thank you for always being there for me
through all the trouble and hurts
for sticking it out, for putting up with the worst

Thank you for believing in me and keeping the faith
when I had no one else,
you always stood firm
and kept me safe.

Thank you for all the hugs and kisses
they are too many to number
that I took so much for granted
and that I so much now long for

Thanks for all the laughs and the smiles you gave
for teasing me daily and reminding me to shave ( something had to ryhme)
for sharing with me your thoughts and your dreams
they were always, everyone of them, important to me,
even though they may not have seemed.

Thank you for the birthday party you gave me two years ago
for going all out to make me happy
and getting everyone to show

Thank you for doing your best and being so strong,
for you did all that you could to push things along.

Thank you for everything you did Carrie,
for being the love of my life
for being my first and my last
and for being my beautiful wife.

I will always be thankful I had you,
Thank you for all these memories.
Thank you so much Carrie.
I love you.

Todd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repent!

THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME - Contacting Dad through Music

Hurricane Manipulation?