POETRY: In My Dreams



In my dreams
my mind plays games,
where life seems real
but not the same.

I fly with you across the night
into the wind our thoughts give flight,
your face glows softly;
my guiding light.

And in my dreams
my hopes come through
I find you waiting, with a smile so true
You took my hand and away we flew.

Across the trees and above the seas
we find no fears or boundaries,
and know together we can do anything
and be anyone we want to be.

And in my dreams,
You kiss me there
and hold me without any other cares,
and one we are with no despair.

And then you're gone
so off I fly,
to search for that joy
from days gone by.

There in my dreams
You remember us,
and in that world
we have our trust.

For in my dreams
you love me stilll,
and I know for you,
I always will.

But like all dreams
they too must end
But these dreams don't seem,
to fix and mend.

For I awake to another day
and find that you have gone away,
so alone I wonder and I pray,
wishing my dreams were here to stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repent!

THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME - Contacting Dad through Music

Hurricane Manipulation?