Sin is Ignorance

Lately a Christian woman on my mailing list has been getting on my case claiming I am sucked in by new age (even if I were I don't believe it is wrong since it teaches love, light and unity- same core as Christ teachings)



So many Christians focus on the teachings after he died, sin and his death on the cross, etc. instead of focusing on the words he spoke while he was living. Greatest commandment and he emphasized it over and over, was love, love your neighbor as yourself. Instead most Christians in the mainstream choose to ignore his most important words and focus on sin in everyone and everything, causing war after war, riot after riot, separation, laws against certain groups, and damnation for being born a certain way.



She insists that sin is not ignorance. But I believe that is just what it is. Below is a good article that sums up pretty much my belief.



Todd



THE ONLY SIN IS IGNORANCE

Mankind is tripartite. That is, we consist of spirit as well as mind and body. if this were not so, then the injunction that we should love God with body, mind and spirit would have no validity.



This spirit within is, according to the great master Jesus, God operating within us. "Know you not that you are the temple of God, that the spirit of God lives in you?"



The primary purpose of meditation is to get to know and understand your own mind, the ultimate purpose is indeed unitive knowledge of the spirit. Not intellectual knowledge, but empirical knowledge through direct, personal experience.



The Buddhists speak of the Godhead as being tripartite. The Dharmakaya, or the Absolute seat of all being. The Sambogakaya, or personalised God; Yahwah, Jehovah, Allah etc. The Nirmanakaya, or materialised Avatar; Krishna, the Buddha, Jesus, etc.



Unfortunately, we confuse the concepts we have of God with the intellectually unknowable Godhead, and so we quarrel and even go to war with those who hold a different concept of the inconceivable. We fight over labels, and the last place we look for God is within. No only within ourselves, but in all Beings. Even in seemingly inanimate objects. "Lift the stone and you will find me, cleave the wood and I am there." Yet we still put God outside ourselves. No wonder we judge ourselves as being unworthy sinners.



"When goodness grows weak, when evil increases, I make myself a body. In every age I come back to deliver the Holy, to destroy the sin of the sinner, to establish righteousness."



"He who knows the nature of my task and my Holy birth is not reborn. When he leaves this body he comes to me."



"Flying from fear, from lust and anger, he hides in me; his refuge and safety. Burnt clear in the blaze of my being in me many find home."



These are the words of the Lord Krishna as written in the Bhagavad Gita. There have been many avatars before Krishna and there have been many avatars since him. All are manifestations of the Christ consciousness. That is, the Messianic or teaching aspect of God. he who delivers from ignorance.



No group or religion has an exclusive right to this consciousness. It is not only arrogance, but a denial of God to think otherwise.



The only sin is ignorance.



© David Hurst 1995 Permisssion is granted to publish this text for the common good...

Comments

  1. Hi Todd,

    I was just checking back to see if you replied to my comments. I was wondering what your thoughts would be on what I posted.

    I'll check back again. Have a good day!

    Jesusgrl =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Repent!

THE GHOSTS THAT HAUNT ME - Contacting Dad through Music

Hurricane Manipulation?